Thursday, October 20, 2005

Fast Fiction – Let’s Get Ready to Rumble!

OK, let’s play. I want you to challenge me. This is the deal:

You give me a 4-word title (do it in the Comments Box below), and I’ll write a short piece of fast fiction. For the purposes of this challenge, I’ll define Fast Fiction thus: Firstly, it’s short. Very short. Let’s say it’s a piece of fiction of 200 words. Secondly, I have to really bang it out. This means no re-writing, no polishing, and no screwing around staring at the screen wondering what I’m going to write. And that’s it.

So, you throw a 4-word title at me (as long as it isn’t a pre-existing 4-word title, so no To Kill a Mockingbird or Catcher in the Rye – be original), and in return I’ll throw up a 200-word piece of fast fiction just for you. You only get one piece each. But everyone who challenges me gets one. (Judging by the miniscule number of hits this blog gets, this isn’t going to last long, but, screw it, what the hell?)

Ready, steady…GO!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Twelve Titles: Pick One
Will Mime For Food
The History of Alaska
Decency On A Budget
You And Whose Army?
A Trinity of Five
Mrs Gunton's Final Orgy
Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry
Buy Me Some Shoes
Staring at Traffic Wardens
Life, Death and Tigers
All Endings Are Beginnings
Not Twelve But Thirteen

Travel said...

You've got to help! (this was followed by, they are trying to take away my lion.)

DG friend of Bert