Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Two Eyes Made out of Coal

I think John McClane said it best: “Now I have a machine gun – Ho, ho, ho!”

The world is slowly easing down a little bit, Jack Frost is nipping at quite a large selection of body parts, and we’re getting into the final stretch now before Christmas hits. Still got a few days left at work, but I can feel an imminent respite in the air.

I was going to write a bit about the sad death of the brilliantly talented John Spencer last week, but I just don’t have the words. It’s another tragic death in a year that has been full of them. Today would have been his 59th birthday.

I had a good night out last night, and it reminded me again what a good life I have. A loving wife, a perfect daughter, amazing friends. I know I come off as the Grinch most of the year, and it always seems like there isn’t enough time or money or something…but, on balance, it’s a wonderful life.

Just in case I don’t get another chance to jump in here within the next few days, I want to take the opportunity to say that, whatever you do or don’t believe, and whatever you do or don’t celebrate, to all the friends of Sucker Punch who return to my crazed ramblings here on a regular basis: I’ll make a deal with you - Have an excellent holiday, stay safe, stay warm, stay happy, and love the ones you’re with, and I’ll try and do the same. Fair enough?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

deal. :^)

b ggnog said...

You got it.