Thursday, November 24, 2005

Best Laid Plans

Do as I say, don’t do as I do…

Here’s a handy hint to ensure ongoing office harmony. Don’t do what I just did.

I just suggested an office deadpool on George Best’s final few hours. And then I got loads of filthy looks and red faces, and people looking away in muted rage. Obviously, my “colleagues” must have thought it was in horrendous bad taste.

Which is funny, because I don’t. What I think is bad taste is squandering your second liver in less than three years, by slowly committing suicide due to excruciatingly heavy drinking. (And don’t get on my dick about alcoholism being a disease. I know that. But a high-profile case like this will continue to open up a raging debate about whether people deserve liver transplants at all. And if people consequently lose out on a second chance because some has-been football player pissed away his second opportunity, then that shit is in bad taste too).

Describing his own lifestyle, he once said: "I spent a lot of my money on booze, birds and fast cars - the rest I just squandered."

Fuckwit.

4 comments:

b ourning said...

I can't believe he's dead - I actually feel a little sad. But he lived a notable life, making an impression on popular culture that will live on.

So farewell, Pat "Mr Miyagi" Morita. Wax on, wax off.

PS George Best finally kicked the bucket, then? Ah well.

AKA said...

HA! Yes, indeedy, I like the cut of your jib, B. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Bert said...

You really should learn to bite your tongue at work....
Locke would never have said that.

AKA said...

Nah, fuck that. I am the magnifying glass, and my colleagues are just the ants.