Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Back in Stride

Five days off work. It was blissful. Well, almost. I only managed one lie-in over the five days. It wasn’t Buttercup’s fault either. Whenever my eyes shot open, I had a hundred and one ideas shooting around from synapse to synapse, just gagging to get released from my mind to explode all over a computer screen like so much ideological bukkake. And there’s no better time to do that than when the rest of the AKA clan are still asleep in their cribs.

But I feel well rested and I’ve managed to scoop enough weirdness out of my brainpan that I can now re-fill it with all-new twisted shit.

What else? I managed to make a dent in the teetering mountain of DVDs vying for my attention. Which reminds me: 13 Going On 30 is worth the rental just to see Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo dancing to Thriller, not to mention the sight of Andy Serkis moonwalking. This is exactly the sort of thing that bank holiday weekends are made for.

Today marks Buttercup’s 6-month birthday. To satiate her complete and utter devotion to all things Teletubbies, I will treat her this evening to my quite-expert rendition of Dipsy’s Special Dance. The things we do for love...

3 comments:

B ravolta said...

Hope you do that dance better than you do it in the pub, without the crashing into tables and spilling of drink everywhere.

Oh no wait, that's Dipso's Special Dance....

::chuckle::

AKA said...

Again! Again!

Bert said...

TELETUBBIES ARE EVIL CHEWING GUM FOR THe MINDS OF THE MASSES! WEEN HER OFF THEM NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!