Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The Sound of Carnage

Sometimes, just sometimes, an afternoon in the office can be quite bracing. Needless to say, I hate it here. Enjoy:

Shotguns and axe wounds and brain-spattered kitchens
Bullets and buckshot and gore that would sicken
Arterial jets of blood, bruises that sting
These are a few of my favorite things.

Crimson and scarlet and blood running freely
Dismembered, castrated, some snapped bones ideally
Eyeballs ripped loose and torn entrails like string
These are a few of my favorite things.

Slaughter and slicing, a hard fist that smashes
Punctures and punches, blades that cut deep gashes
The pain of my colleagues, so energising
These are a few of my favorite things

When the time drags
When the shit falls
When I'm feeling mad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad.

No comments: