Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Don’t push me, ‘cos I’m close to the edge

As I sit here slicing off another sliver of my soul to scratch together my miserly salary, there are very, very few things that are keeping me from sticking sharpened pencils up my nose and slamming my head through the desk.

Feeling this bored, uninspired and apathetic, sometimes you really, really need to trip over a web page like this. Or this. It is absolutely imperative that I crack my brain on the jagged edges of the Internet as often as possible.

And I’d be climbing onto the roof with a sniper rifle if it weren’t for the fact that I’ve got my ears otherwise occupied, oblivious to the wittering inanities of the people I laughingly refer to as “colleagues”. My headphones are distracting my brain with the Darth Vader of the slide fader, New York’s Number One cut-creator, Grandmaster Flash. And once again, all is right with the world. At least until tomorrow.

No comments: